– ISIS CLAIMS KUWAIT’S SHIA MOSQUE BOMBING
An ISIS statement posted on social media identified the bomber as Abu Suleiman al-Muwahed and said the target was a “temple of the rejectionists” – a term used by the Islamist militant group to refer to Shiite Muslims – and said dozens were killed or wounded.
However, Friday’s attack is the first such bombing targeting Kuwaiti Shiites, who make up around one-third of the country’s native population of 1.3 million people.
A witness said the bombing happened when the mosque was packed with some 2,000 worshippers during Friday prayers.
On Saturday 06/27/2015, Kuwaiti police arrested the driver who transported a suicide bomber to the Mosque where he blew himself up, the official KUNA news agency said. The driver, who was named as Abdulrahman Sabah Eidan Saud, was described as an “illegal resident” born in 1989, who took the bomber to the Al-Imam Al-Sadeq mosque in Kuwait City on Friday.
Kuwait’s Interior Ministry said, on Sunday 06/28/2015, that the suicide bomber was identified as a Saudi citizen Fahd Suleiman Abdulmohsen al-Qabaa (pic). The ministry said that al-Qabaa entered the country through Kuwait Airport via Bahrain at dawn on Friday, the same day of the bombing.
** ISIS released, on Monday 06/29/2015, an audio message, through the social media network, allegedly from the suicide bomber Fahd Suleiman Abdulmohsen al-Qabaa The speaker criticizes Shiite Muslims and says they can expect revenge for what he terms insulting Islam.
The Saudi authorities, on Tuesday 07/07/2015, ennounced they have identified three Saudi brothers suspected of orchestrating the recent bomb attack at a Shia mosque in Kuwait, arresting two of them. According to the Interior Ministry Major General Mansour al-Turki the brothers were born in Kuwait, while the third was born in Saudi Arabia. A fourth brother has also joined the ranks of the Islamic State in Syria.
Gen. al-Turki further said that one of the brothers was recently captured in Kuwait, and will be handed over to Saudi security officials within the next few days.
Saudi forces captured the second suspect in the city of Taif in Mecca Province, while the third was arrested following an exchange of gunfire with Saudi troopers in the town of Ras al-Khafji on the border between Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
* Following the investigation Kuwait said, on Thursday 07/30/2015, it had uncovered a network of the Islamic State (ISIS) militant group including five Kuwaitis and referred them to judicial authorities for prosecution. The individuals had been active in neighboring Iraq and also in Syria and they admitted receiving lessons in the “science of a terrorist organization” and military training,
* Kuwait’s Criminal Court, on Tuesday 09/15/2015, has sentenced seven suspects to death on Tuesday for their roles in the attack on the Mosque according to Kuwait’s state news agency (KUNA).
Another eight suspects were handed down prison sentences ranging between two to 15 years.
The remaining 14 suspects who stood trial for the attack were acquitted .
Related topics :
Read more ;